How your offset donation works:
1. With help from consulting foresters, landowners in KY, OH, WV, VA & TN inventory, certify and responsibly manage their forests to store additional carbon and improve water and forest resources.
2. Using protocols following international standards, MACED documents and aggregates carbon absorbed annually on forestland.
3. All carbon offsets are verified by a third-party auditor who validates systems, measurements and records of annual net forest growth.
4. MACED markets and sells registered Appalachian Forest Offsets.
5. Thoughtful individuals and groups estimate emissions online and make tax deductible donations to MACED at $15 per metric ton to retire offsets. Volume pricing is available for bulk retirements.
6. MACED permanently retires the offsets, so they can never be traded or resold.
7. Offset proceeds pay landowners for the carbon stored in their forests.